How we collect your information
We obtain personal information from you when enquire about working with Urbanleaf, known as the “controller”. Sometimes we may obtain your personal information from third party data suppliers only if they provide the appropriate evidence that you have agreed for your personal information to be shared with other organisations.
What information do we collect
We only collect basic personal data about you. The data we collect might include name address email address, telephone numbers. We do not usually collect special categories of data about you unless we are conducting equal opportunity monitoring and at such time all data collected is anonymised.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information for:
• Dealing with your enquiries and requests for employment
• Processing you as a candidate for employment
• Providing you with information about working for UrbanLeaf
• Complying with our legal obligations policies and procedures
• Administering your internal HR records
How do we protect your information?
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal or transactional data stored on our website and systems.
We will use the details provided to us to communicate with you about working with UrbanLeaf. We promise will always respect your privacy and you can opt out of any further communication if you can change your mind at any time. It is quick and easy to let us know that you no longer want to hear from us by calling 0207 580 2496 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will always respond to your wishes in a sensitive, timely, courteous and professional way.
Please be assured that we will take appropriate measures to keep your personal information safe and secure and we promise not to over contact. We will never pass your personal information on to other organisations for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted by us for such purposes. However, we will retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you in the future.
We will never pass your personal information on to other organisations for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
However we may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
• To third parties who provide a service to us and are data processors for example this would include our payroll company. We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place. We enter into contracts with all our data processors and regularly monitor their activities to ensure they are complying with Urbanleaf’s policies and procedures.
• Where we are under duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with law or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security taxation and criminal investigation or we have your written consent.
• To our charity partner in order to perform the requirements of our service to them.
• Where we need to perform due diligence checks to ensure we are not being abused by fraudsters.
Keeping your personal information safe
For all candidates who we contact in regards to employment who either do not contact us back or who are unsuccessful your data is stored for a maximum time of 2 months.
For all candidates who are successful is gaining employment we keep your personal information for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules, a minimum time of 6 years.
You have the right to request information on what data is being held. All requests must be made in writing to UrbanLeaf Data Protection Manager.
• Confirmation that their data is being processed;
• access to their personal data; and
• other supplementary information
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Consultant who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Protection Manager is Jen Halfacre and you can contact them at Jen@urbanleaf.co.uk.
1. Information about cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, if you agree to their use, is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. They contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
The cookies that we could use can be split into the following categories:
• Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website.
• Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how they move around within the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
2. The cookies we use
We use the following cookies:
|Necessary Cookies||PHPSESSID||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAccepted||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAcceptedAnalytics||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Analytical cookies||'_ga', '_gat', '_gid'||Used to see how our website users navigate the site|
|'fr', '[blank]', '_js_datr', '_js_reg_fb_ref', 'datr', 'dpr', 'reg_fb_gate', 'reg_fb_ref', 'sb', 'wd'||Used by the website to share content on Facebook\'s website|
3. How you can block cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use the website. In particular, you may not be able to access all or parts of the website or use the functionalities contained on it.